Home Forums Help Wanted Ocelot Kingdom

• Ocelot Kingdom

Posted by Jorin Gedamke on January 11, 2023 at 5:38 pm

Hello; my name is Jorin. I’m interested in creating a “shared world”: a setting that other artists can contribute to. I’ll gladly accept advice on how to proceed legally, financially and practically.

It’s been my dream for years to create a tribute “A Link to the Past”, one of my all-time favorite games. Somewhere along the line I realized it would be easier to do with help. And so I’m taking it further by “open sourcing” the setting, Ocelot Kingdom.

Lynx lives happily with her adopted family…until her music catches the attention of a cruel king. Now she must save both herself and the land she loves.

The inspirations for “Tracks” are many, but here are a few:

• The Legend of Zelda
    • Mistmantle by M.I. McAllister
    • Redwall by Brian Jacques
    • Firebird by Kathy Tyers

<div>I hope you like my pitch and decide to help however you can. God bless,</div><div>

Jorin

</div>

Michael Perrigo replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Michael Perrigo

January 21, 2023 at 5:06 pm

Interesting! I don’t know that you could really monetize this type of project, but I could be way off base. The legal implications of ownership and such would just be too hard to keep track of.

• Jorin Gedamke

February 18, 2023 at 9:00 pm

Honestly, I’m more interested in how far collaboration can go. Also thanks for replying; means a lot to me.

• Michael Perrigo

February 19, 2023 at 2:30 am

Hey, we were talking today about open source… That could be the answer to this! Ryzom, Cube 2: Sauerbraten, Planeshift, etc. Are all open source games.