Home Forums Four-State Ozarks Area Project: The Sower

• Project: The Sower

Posted by Jay Zak on March 24, 2023 at 6:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to design a way to spread the gospel.

Balancing life and time is a challenge but I am interested in the possibility of using my talent to reach others which is why I joined CGDC.

On my own I’ve been working on a way to incorporate my skills and interests to witness or invite the opportunities to share the gospel.

Here is my work on a board game/video game that is themed off of the scriptures Matthew 13: 1-23 and Psalm 126: 5-6, I call it “The Sower”. (see images below)

In one sentence the goal of the game is: First player to collect all 9 Fruits of the Spirits wins!

I worked mainly with vector graphics so they are scalable to any size. So If I need to change it at any point I can resize the assets quickly.

I own and use Adobe Photoshop and some other Adobe software, and also work with Unity Game Engine.

I have it leaning too much upon the Settlers of Catan style. I need to change that.

I’m not much of a game designer so that’s where I fall in progress, as well as the programming side of things.

Let me know if you have any questions or if anyone would like to collaborate on improving this project.

Thank you in advance!

Jay Zak replied 6 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jay Zak

March 24, 2023 at 6:29 pm

Here are some of the animations I created for the project.

Click on the image to see it play the gif.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Jay Zak.
  • Jay Zak

March 24, 2023 at 6:58 pm

Here a few other animations:

• Jay Zak

March 28, 2023 at 1:37 am

Printed out, playing through, prototyping and praying for some guidance.

• Ian Ferrari

March 29, 2023 at 6:22 am

This all seems great!🙂

• Jay Zak

March 29, 2023 at 7:23 pm

The art side of things is fun to work on. The overall game design and gameplay is something I’m in need of assistance.

I currently have it as almost a complete reskin of Settles of Catan, with some extra variations.

I chatted with Shawn Reuter and he has some great ideas that I can try to experiment with.

The Sower could really use a hand in game design as well as a programmer when/if we get to a point where creating a digital prototype is desired.

Anyway, thank you for the kind comment.

• Timothy Howe

August 23, 2023 at 3:58 am

Hey Jay am I correct in saying you are still looking to steer away from a settlers of remake? if so I think I may be able to help.

• Jay Zak

January 23, 2024 at 9:02 pm

Hello Timothy,

Yes, absolutely. I’m looking for help on the game designer side and also programming.

So sorry, for the late response.

Please connect with me if you’re still interested.

Thank you!